ADSM-L

Re: Trying to use TSM API

2006-06-04 21:36:54
Subject: Re: Trying to use TSM API
From: Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 20:36:36 -0500
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006, Dan Foster might have said:

> Hot Diggety! Mike was rumored to have written:
> > I have a program that compiles properly, and connects, but when
> > querying (I'm testing managemt classes first) it gets an error:
> >
> > ANS0245E (RC2065) The caller's structure version is different than the
> > TSM library version.
> >
> > The version of the tivoli.tsm.samples is the same as the
> > tivoli.tsm.client. Is there a way to check what is wrong? Is there a
> > way around the problem?
>
> What version is the API, client, and what platform?
>
> -Dan

txaix001:/home/megglest>lslpp -l 'tivoli.*'
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  tivoli.tivguid             1.1.0.0  COMMITTED  IBM Tivoli GUID on AIX
  tivoli.tsm.client.api.32bit
                             5.3.2.2  COMMITTED  TSM Client - Application
                                                 Programming Interface 32bit
  tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.base
                             5.3.2.2  COMMITTED  TSM Client - Backup/Archive
                                                 Base Files
  tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.common
                             5.3.2.2  COMMITTED  TSM Client - Backup/Archive
                                                 Common Files
  tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.image
                             5.3.2.2  COMMITTED  TSM Client - IMAGE Backup
                                                 Client
  tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.nas
                             5.2.3.4  COMMITTED  TSM Client - NAS Backup Client
  tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.web
                             5.3.2.2  COMMITTED  TSM Client - Backup/Archive
                                                 WEB Client

  tivoli.tivguid             1.1.0.0  COMMITTED  IBM Tivoli GUID on AIX
txaix001:/home/megglest>uname -a
AIX txaix001 2 5 000DD09A4C00
txaix001:/home/megglest>oslevel -r
5200-08
txaix001:/home/megglest>

Looks like the client is 5.3.2.2 on AIX 5.2.0.8.

Mike