ADSM-L

Re: ./domdsmc: Error while loading shared libraries: libnotes.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or direcotry. I made sure that libnotes.so exists in the correct direcroty that I specified while running dominstall.

2006-06-02 13:47:21
Subject: Re: ./domdsmc: Error while loading shared libraries: libnotes.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or direcotry. I made sure that libnotes.so exists in the correct direcroty that I specified while running dominstall.
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:46:57 -0400
Check your .profile to make sure you added the required PATH and such !

Steve S Lafrance <stevel AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
06/02/2006 10:34 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] ./domdsmc: Error while loading shared libraries: libnotes.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or direcotry. I made sure
that libnotes.so exists in the correct direcroty that I specified while
running dominstall.

Hi !

This error usually means that the Data Protection is not successfully
calling the Domino tools/start script

.
1) Make sure that you use the Domino user when starting the DP
2) make sure that the user has the good Environment variables
3) Verify that the symbolic link for domdsmc in the Domino executable
directory is pointing to
  the domdsmc executable in the TDP install directory. On AIX, this would
look like:
  - /opt/lotus/notes/latest/ibmpow/domdsmc ->
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc
4) verify if the symbolic link for domdsmc in the .../lotus/bin directory
to point to the Domino
    tools/startup script. On AIX, this would look like:
  - /opt/lotus/bin/domdsmc -> tools/startup
5) If the path is already setup, it is possible to verify the TDP Domino
executable linking with
    the command "which domdsmc". This should return
/opt/lotus/bin/domdsmc.
.
6) you also need those symbolic links:
.
If Domino is looking for libnotes.so in /usr/lib
.
   ln -s /opt/lotus/notes/latest/zlinux/libnotes.so /usr/lib/libnotes.so
   ln -s /opt/lotus/notes/latest/zlinux/libndgts.so /usr/lib/libndgts.so
.
Best Regards, Steve

             TSM User
             <tsmusr AT GMAIL DOT COM
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     ./domdsmc: Error while loading
                                       shared libraries: libnotes.so:
                                       cannot open shared object file: No
             06/02/2006 10:14          such file or direcotry. I made sure
             AM                        that libnotes.so exists in the
                                       correct direcroty that I specified
                                       while running dominstall.
             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Good morning.

I am having this same problem with SUSE 9?.

Does somebody have a solution???

Thank you

I am runing Domino 5.3 on Redhat Linux 3.0 Installed TSM BA 5.3,
TSM-API 5.3and TIVguid. I made all changes to
dsm.opt and dsm.sys to and registered the node. I made sure I was able to
start dsmj.

Then I installed TSM TDP-Domino and ran ./dominstall.

I made sure all path are correct.

I ran the script to start exporting all env variables.

The issue is when I tried to run ./domdsmc I keep getting the following
error.