ADSM-L

Re: Deleting archives

2006-06-02 08:21:48
Subject: Re: Deleting archives
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:20:48 -0400
On Jun 2, 2006, at 8:10 AM, Paul Dudley wrote:

Sorry if I was not clear - I mean where the client is a linux server.
Using the GUI via IE is a bit flaky - I can delete one archive then
when I try to do a second it locks up and I have to kill dsmcad and
restart it on the client then try again.

Real Systems People don't use GUIs, which are for "civilians".  :-)
Because GUIs perennially have problems and often make tasks awkward.

If Web GUI usage is necessary in your shop, first assure that your
client is at a reasonably recent maintenance level, and that a
modern, fully capable browser is being employed (beware blocking
functionality), and that no environmental is interfering with it.
Then contact TSM Support for remediation.

   Richard Sims