ADSM-L

Re: weird request for schedule

2006-06-01 16:52:54
Subject: Re: weird request for schedule
From: Bob Martoncik <BMartoncik AT CO.LUCAS.OH DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:52:05 -0400
How much data are you backing up?

Bob Martoncik
Lucas County Information Services
419-213-4633

>>> Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM 6/1/2006 4:39 PM >>>
Hello Joe,

We have the same problem, just with a larger window. I do not know of a
good solution from tsm, but if you hear of anything we would like to
hear of it. We do not need for the backup to stop, but just to have
almost no effect on a wan link during the day.

Andy I assume that you are the best person to answer this question.

Would it be possible to have an tsm server command that could do one of
the following. This command could then be issued by hand, or via an
scheduler.

- Put the backup session to sleep and later with a different command
wake up.

- Put a governor on the data transfer rate of the client with a command
from the tsm server. Either a fixed rate, such as 16kps or a relative
rate based on the link speed and usage.

- A interface to work with the networking gear and qos that could keep
the tsm traffic to an background priority level.

Thanks much len