ADSM-L

Re: Moving our TSM Server off MVS/ZOS to Win2003

2006-05-23 11:03:45
Subject: Re: Moving our TSM Server off MVS/ZOS to Win2003
From: Bob Martoncik <BMartoncik AT CO.LUCAS.OH DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:02:30 -0400
Who is the business partner?

Bob Martoncik
Lucas County Information Services
419-213-4633

>>> zforray AT VCU DOT EDU 5/23/2006 10:56 AM >>>
Huh ?  More expensive ?   What were they trying to sell you....AIX ?

I thought that IBM was big into endorsing Linux ?

Sounds like your "business partner" doesn't know Linux ?

Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
05/19/2006 02:03 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Moving our TSM Server off MVS/ZOS to Win2003

Mark Stapleton asked,
"(*Why* are you moving to Windows?)"

That is the platform the IBM business partner consultants recommended
as
we only have one TSM Server.  I was pushing for a UNIX but that came in
at
a much higher price.

Shannon