ADSM-L

Re: AW: TDP for Exchange - Management Class

2006-05-20 10:16:31
Subject: Re: AW: TDP for Exchange - Management Class
From: "Gee, Norman" <Norman.Gee AT LC.CA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 07:16:04 -0700
Actually you will need a fourth node to provide scheduling. The TDP for
mail cannot be schedule, only the backup archive client could be
schedule.  You would schedule the BAC to issue a command to start the
TDP.  Actually I update my exchange nodes once a week to a different
domain to force it to use a different storage pool, but the retention is
the same for both policy domain. This is to force the creation of an
offsite copy of the exchange data once a week.  This is adequate for my
office, so your mileage may vary.  We also only have weekly Iron
Mountain pickups.