ADSM-L

Re: reclaimation question

2006-05-15 21:28:53
Subject: Re: reclaimation question
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:28:38 -0500
Logically...

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Sent: Mon May 15 20:14:50 2006
Subject: reclaimation question

I have a question regarding the reclaimation process (hopefully not a
stupid one).

Does the reclaimation process work logically or physically?

Ie: If I have a private tape that is marked as being Offsite, will the
reclaimation happen at a logical database level or will I have to update
the tape from being Offsite to access Read/Write and check the tape in
to the tape library for the reclaimation process to work on that tape?

Regards
Paul

Paul Dudley
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.

immediately.

Thank you.