ADSM-L

Re: 5.3 reclaim command

2006-05-09 09:43:33
Subject: Re: 5.3 reclaim command
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:42:58 -0400
On May 9, 2006, at 7:17 AM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

 I have been testing the 5.3 reclaim stgpool command but
for some reason it seems reclaim more than 3 volumes. ...

Tim -

It would be healthy to have definitive information on the presumed
problem. Please review what the operation actually did, from the
Activity Log and evidence of the offsite copy storage pool volumes
going to Pending state as a result. I'm wondering if what you are
seeing is more than three Onsite volumes being mounted to satisfy the
data movement of the contents of the offsite volumes. And take into
account the circumstances when files span volumes. If you find hard
evidence to contradict what the OFFSITERECLAIMlimit is supposed to
do, by all means file a report with TSM Support.

   Richard Sims