ADSM-L

Re: 3584 checkin/checkout

2006-05-04 12:25:36
Subject: Re: 3584 checkin/checkout
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 18:24:56 +0200
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 10:24:14AM -0400, Jim Zajkowski wrote:

        [scsi library]
> In 5.3, you can say checkin libv waitt=0 and it will not bother to
> generate a prompt, it will just do it.  Handy.

Yeah, but when you enter this command and the library door is NOT
closed, all you library operations will hang until the door is
closed. So you might want to require a manual action when kicking
off this command.

(The way I solved this is to check for the "library requires manual
attention" error. If it occurs, scream loudly. :) )

--
Jurjen Oskam

Savage's Law of Expediency:
        You want it bad, you'll get it bad.