ADSM-L

Re: Auditing Tools

2006-05-04 11:29:33
Subject: Re: Auditing Tools
From: Doug Fox <dugfox AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:29:11 -0400
Awesome thanks!

I'll have plenty of things to look at now :)

On 5/4/06, Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com> wrote:

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/04/2006
09:07:45 AM:
> Would there be easy ways to get the following informaiton?
>
> Query a storage pool to see what schedules are defaulted to it.

There is no one-to-one relationship between a storage pool and client
schedules. Client schedules are defined within a domain, and a storage
pool is not. The QUERY ASSOCIATION will tell you what client schedules are
linked with what nodes.

> Query a storage pool to see when it migrates during the day/week.

The TSM OR tool by default has a handy graph that will tell you when
migrations go on. Message ANR1000I in the server activity log will tell
you when a given storage pool's migration has started, but the the
analogous message for a migration's completion (ANR1001I) doesn't mention
how much data was moved; the accompanying (generic) message ANR0986I tells
you a migration is complete, and its size, but not the storage pools that
were involved.

> Query the library to find out the size of the last backup for x node(s).
> This to my knowledge you can only check client side, but does the server
> track the size of backups?

On an AIX TSM server, the /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmaccnt.log is a
comma-delimited file that breaks down client activity by node and
date/time.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
MR Backup and Recovery Management

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank
you in advance for your cooperation.