ADSM-L

Re: 3584 checkin/checkout

2006-05-04 10:24:42
Subject: Re: 3584 checkin/checkout
From: Jim Zajkowski <jamesez AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 10:24:14 -0400
On Thu, 4 May 2006, Kauffman, Tom wrote:

The checkin script runs a 'checkin libv <library> search=bulk
checklabel=barcode stat=pri', does a 'reply' to the tsm-generated
prompt, and updates each volume as it is checked in to an access of
'readw'. We fill the I/O port and run the script; if there are more than
32 tapes to process, we do it a second time.

In 5.3, you can say checkin libv waitt=0 and it will not bother to
generate a prompt, it will just do it.  Handy.

--Jim