ADSM-L

Constant / new errors with Netware 6.0 servers and 5.2.4.x client

2006-05-04 09:31:37
Subject: Constant / new errors with Netware 6.0 servers and 5.2.4.x client
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 09:30:55 -0400
We are having constant problems with Netware 6.0 server backups, since
installing the latest supported clients (5.2.4.10) on these systems.  The
errors/problems were not seen before with the older clients.  We also
moved these systems to a newer TSM server (Linux 5.3.2 vs z/OS 5.2).

We are constantly getting message like:

VCUL-NW1.ULS.VCU.EDU : ANE4005E Error processing 'USERDATA:/My
Guidarelli/mguidare/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Com g?y qu-
ch-a Hu- Quang.ppt.LNK': file not found(SESSION: 51910)
VCUL-NW1.ULS.VCU.EDU :

These I realize are probably files using a different language or have
funky characters.  How do you handle these ?

But this other one is driving me crazy.  We get this on almost *EVERY*
file it tries to backup.   It also seems to ignore my EXCLUDE statements
since I get these errors for directories/files I have completely excluded
(both by file name and EXCLUDE.DIR).

DEN1A.VCU.EDU : ANE4007E Error processing 'SYS:/6sp2/nw6sp2/TOOLS.TXT':
access to the object is denied (SESSION: 60035)

I have checked all rights of the NDS userid configured for this (and other
systems) and they have the proper/full rights. Tried reinstalling numerous
times (always doing the DSMC Q TSA and TSA NDS which both say they are
happy).  Still no success.

Also getting lots of "stream" error messages in the error logs.

The TSANDS/TSA600 files are the most up to date, available !

What gives ?