ADSM-L

Re: HELP! Recovery log is almost 100% full!!!

2006-05-02 13:31:04
Subject: Re: HELP! Recovery log is almost 100% full!!!
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:29:43 -0400
Hello Richard,

I have since added a database backup trigger, but it says that it is still
disabled...  How do I go about enabling the trigger?  I didn't see an
enable option.  Thanks!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Senior Systems Programmer
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Richard Sims"
             <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: HELP!  Recovery log is almost
                                       100% full!!!
             05/02/2006 07:39
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Joni - See the many past discussions of this in the List archives.

The 'SHow LOGPINned' command is typically helpful. And, certainly, it
is client sessions which pin the log, while Expiration is the big
process consumer.

And it sounds like you don't have a DBBackuptrigger set up to protect
the log.

    Richard Sims