ADSM-L

Backup command line wildcard Characters?

2006-05-02 11:13:43
Subject: Backup command line wildcard Characters?
From: David Browne <dbrowne AT HUMANA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:13:06 -0400
 I have a large Windows client that I want to selectively backup the
directory structure and the files under the directories. For example:

C:\Firstfolder\01-Jan2005\Millions of files
C:\Firstfolder\02-Jan2005\Millions of files
C:\Firstfolder\03-Jan2005\Millions of files
C:\Firstfolder\04-Jan2005\Millions of files
C:\Firstfolder\01-Feb2005\Millions of files
C:\Firstfolder\02-Feb2005\Millions of files
C:\Firstfolder\03-Feb2005\Millions of files

I need to be able to backup just the January folders and files. From
looking at examples in the Windows client manual the following should
work:

 tsm>  sel C:\Firstfolder\0?-Jan2005\Millions of files

The above command will backup the first directory under Jan2005 and files
then stops.
Any suggestions?

it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy
the material/information.