ADSM-L

eject tapes from 3584

2006-04-29 03:45:36
Subject: eject tapes from 3584
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:24:32 -0700
Well here is yet another new one for me. I run this to eject tapes and it
creates a file that the mainframe uses to create a list of tapes going to
the vault. With the 3494 and TSM 5.2 there is nothing else to do. Today I
ran this for the first time with a 3584 and TSM 5.3.3 and only one tape
ejected. When I checked the activity log I saw the message "ANR8322I 001:
Remove LTO volume T00003 from entry/exit port of library 3584LIB; issue
'REPLY' along with the request ID when ready."

I am assuming that changing remove=yes to remove=bulk will fix the issue of
the system waiting for a reply and if the I/O port becomes full it will
continue to wait till they are removed and the port made available again. I
am also assuming that if the 1 hour time set elapses without the port
clearing will also result in an incomplete process.

Feel free to reply if any assumptions are incorrect.

q drmedia  * wherestate=mo source=dbb CMDFILE=/tmp/checkout.txt
CMD="&VOL&NL" FORMAT=CMD

move drmedia * wherestate=mo remove=yes tostate=courier source=dbb

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com