ADSM-L

Re: AIX TSM server errpt - normal?

2006-04-28 15:04:57
Subject: Re: AIX TSM server errpt - normal?
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:35:50 -0400
Our 3590 drives get cleaned 2-4 times per day, each generating
those AIX error log messages.

>From our morning report . . . . .

== r036 ===============================================================
== drive activity
== Fri Apr 28 06:02:40 EDT 2006

Drive  Mounts  Dismounts  Cleanings

GO-DRV0          36        36         2
GO-DRV1          53        53         3
GO-DRV10          40        39         3
GO-DRV11          37        37         3
GO-DRV12          39        39         4
GO-DRV13          53        54         2
GO-DRV14          57        57         2
GO-DRV15          44        44         3
GO-DRV2          42        42         3
GO-DRV3          39        40         3
GO-DRV4          45        45         3
GO-DRV5          51        51         2
GO-DRV6          39        38         2
GO-DRV7          39        39         2
GO-DRV8          26        25         1
GO-DRV9          48        48         3

             "Allen S. Rout"
             <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: AIX TSM server errpt - normal?

             04/28/2006 10:34
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

<SPatterson AT HESS DOT COM> said:

> server is running AIX 5.3 ML3
> TSM is at 5.2.7

> IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP  T C RESOURCE_NAME  DESCRIPTION
> [...]

What kind of tape drives?

I see frequencies like this in my 3590s: they each get cleaned about
once a day.  The 3592s are MUCH less frequent.

- Allen S. Rout

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.