ADSM-L

DB copies not expiring...

2006-04-26 17:44:49
Subject: DB copies not expiring...
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:39:21 -0500
The scenario...

Everything was expiring normally and daily via the 5 days I had set in
DRM. I do not run a 'delete volhist type=db' command.

I changed the db backup to begin running db snapshots instead of fulls,
on 2 separate TSM instances.

The database backups stopped expiring.

I changes the db backup back to fulls.

I see no improvement. I ran the 'set drmdbb' command again, but it
doesn't appear that I'm having any luck turning the volumes that should
be expired to a status of vaultretrieve.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? I'd like to go ahead and get some
of these back, because they are going offsite, and I am cutting it close
on LTO2's.

God bless you!!!

Chip Bell
Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional (ITSM 5.2)
Baptist Health System
Birmingham, AL

Confidentiality Notice:
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in the address. If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender and delete this information from your computer
and retain no copies of any of this information.