ADSM-L

Re: TSM Port 1757 Behind A Firewall

2006-04-26 09:09:59
Subject: Re: TSM Port 1757 Behind A Firewall
From: Bob Martoncik <BMartoncik AT CO.LUCAS.OH DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:04:10 -0400
Here is a copy of a server that we have outside the firewall.  It took
some tweaking to finally get working.  Hopefully this helps you.

NODENAME NETSRV1
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPPORT 1500
TCPSERVERADDRESS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
SCHEDMODE PROMPTED
TCPCLIENTADDRESS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
TCPCLIENTPORT 1501
HTTPPORT 1501
COMMMETHOD TCPIP

Bob Martoncik
Lucas County Information Services
419-213-4633

>>> Jeff.White AT CIS.CO DOT UK 4/26/2006 8:50 AM >>>
Hi,

TSM Server 5.2.2 running on z/os
Windows 2003 TSM Client 5.3.2
TDP for SQL 2.1

I have a windows client which is behind a firewall. The dsm.opt file
(for
TDP) has the following:
COMMMethod         TCPip
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   mainframe
TCPClientaddress   x.xx.xxx.xxx
TCPClientport      1501

So the TCPclient port listens on port 1501 and firewall admin have
opened
up port 1501 bi-directional so that the scheduled, which is prompted
from
the TSM server, can contact. But it won't work. Firewall Admin tell me
they
can see the traffic over port 1757, but nothing on 1501. They have
blocked
1501 and opened 1757 and it works fine, although the actual backup runs
on
a different port again.

I have researched this on the forum and this has been posted in 2004
and
2005, but no replies were given. Given we've forward a year, anyone
have a
suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Jeff White