ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation

2006-04-25 16:07:09
Subject: Re: Reclamation
From: Michal Mertl <michal.mertl AT I DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:02:10 +0200
Marc Crombeen wrote:
> Anyone have an idea of how to use a disk pool to do reclamation for tape
> storage instead of using 2 tape drives?

I would have guessed this is very common configuration. You setup
reclaim storage pool (e.g. 'define stgp diskreclaim filedev
maxscratch=10 nextpool=tapepool') and set it as reclaim pool on your
tape storage pool ('update stgppool tapepool
reclaimstgpool=diskreclaim').

The data to be reclaimed doesn't necessarily have to fit to the reclaim
storage pool. TSM will copy from tape to be reclaimed until the reclaim
pool is full. When you make up some space in it (by migration to another
tape in disk pool) TSM will continue.