ADSM-L

Re: Server crash (log full?)

2006-04-25 11:25:59
Subject: Re: Server crash (log full?)
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:09:49 -0400
>> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:18:32 -0500, -ray <ray AT OPS.SELU DOT EDU> said:

> I've seen a condition a few times where the TSM log will fill and the
> server will crash.  See the console log below.  Has anyone seen this
> before?  Any ideas?  TSM server 5.3.2.0 on AIX 5.3.

Yep, that's par for the course.  I've never gotten a satisfactory
answer from Support about how a core dump is necessary in what is
clearly a CFIT: Server halt yes; core dump no.

If you're in log mode normal, then look for something pinning the log.

If you're in log mode rollforward, then make sure your DBBACKUPTRIGGER
is set as you desire, and figure out why that didn't work.  If you're
in rollforward and don't have DBBACKUPTRIGGER set, then god bless
you.

I've encountered this most recently in association with the
virtual-volumes-password-update-failure to which I referred last week.
I'm Running Another Trace (3G of trace and counting) which my contact
thinks might help.  We'll see, somewhere around 14:30 today. :)

- Allen S. Rout