ADSM-L

collocation by Group

2006-04-24 16:34:52
Subject: collocation by Group
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:26:30 -0700
I have yet another question as it relates to collocation by group. If the
disk storage pool is set to collocation by group, and some nodes are not
assigned to a group, how do those nodes data end up? You would think
intermixed with other nodes, at least that is what I thought. The reason I
am asking is because it looks like that a node not assigned to a group is
assigned it's own tape. If I try to move that nodes tape to hopefully a
filling tape it mounts a scratch instead.

I know for sure I have 3 nodes not assigned to a group and I was hoping to
get them all on a single tape but can't seem to do it.

This is TSM server 5.3.3.0 on AIX 5.3

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com