ADSM-L

New Migrate command

2006-04-24 14:42:26
Subject: New Migrate command
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:39:48 -0400
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the 5.3 Migrate Command I have the
command set up for

Migrate stgpool backuppool lowmig=0

>From what I read this command cannot be used with automatic
migration. I am assuming they mean it cannot run at the same time as
automatic migration?

Also, I have House Keeping tasks that I have setup using the
Administrative command schedule sometimes, I have to adjust the
schedule several times a week so I am planning to implement the
script below with  the new serial commands only. I want the tasks to
start only after the previous tasks are complete. I have tested this
already and it worked. my question is since the serial command is in
there is the wait=yes really necessary as shown in the admin manual
Also, is there a way to set this script up to start automatically after
the backup's end?

/*script: Backuppool STGPOOL

/* Backup Diskpool to tape*/

/* previous command must finish before proceeding
/* with next command in sequence/

Serial
BA STG backuppool R359XPOOL maxpr=xx preview=no wait=yes

/* Start Disk pool migration*/
Serial

migrate stgpool backuppool lowmig=0

Serial

/* Backup  pool (L359Xpool) to R359Xpool*\

BA STG L359XPOOL R359XPOOL maxpr=xx preview=no wait=yes

TSM 5.3.2

Thanks in Advance!