ADSM-L

SV: Database backups

2006-04-21 12:14:33
Subject: SV: Database backups
From: Christian Svensson <christian.svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:07:00 +0200
Hi Jim,
Why not buy a cheap NAS box on 250GB and keep that NAS Device always mounted in
the filesystem and do the DB backups to that?
So even if the RAID breaks down you still have an on-site backup of your DB for
fast recover.

But you still need to bring back the offsite tapes for all user data.

Thanks
Christian