ADSM-L

Re: tape capacity

2006-04-20 16:14:55
Subject: Re: tape capacity
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:54:44 -0400
Are your LTO tapes still in FILLING status?  They will show as a
percentage of estimated capacity until either they reach the FULL status
or they exceed the estimated capacity while in FILLING status.  When in
FULL status, what you see is what you got.

>>> GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM 4/20/2006 2:46:05 PM >>>
No misunderstanding at all. I know how it works. I see upwards of 100GB
on
some of my K tapes but "NO LESS" than 40GB on any of the others.

All I did was "move" 20 servers what were getting the full 40GB
compression
or better on a 3590 tape system to a LTO system. The data is the same,
the
servers just moved. To me compression looks like it is not working.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator