ADSM-L

Re: DSM.opt file issues

2006-04-18 14:10:22
Subject: Re: DSM.opt file issues
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:09:15 -0700
Some suggestions:

- Check the client node definition on the TSM server to see if it is
associated with a client option set that has a DOMAIN statement in it that
might be adding the network shares.

- Check the schedule definition to see whether the OBJECTS or OPTIONS
settings specify any additional file systems. Make sure you check the
system you think you are backing up to (I notice your dsm.opt file
contains two TCPSERVERADDRESS settings, albeit with one commented out).

- Make sure the client is using the options file you *think* it is using.
Use the dsmcutil command to display the scheduler service configuration,
and see if it points to a different options file. Check whether
environment variable DSM_CONFIG exists, and if it points to a different
options file.

- Run the command line interface as follows:

   dsmc q opt domain

and see what the output shows.

- Check the dsmsched.log file and check the options shown at the beginning
of the scheduled event. Also check for lines that read:

   Incremental backup of volume 'blah'

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-04-18
10:53:28:

> Hi all.,
>
>      I have this DSM opt issue, I edited this one to backup only the
drives
> locally, and it still goes out and backs up the stuff on the mapped
drives.
> This is getting expensive to the customer, and I need to figure out why
it
> does not do as the file directs.
>  here is the DSM.opt file I am working with. Any ideas would be helpful.
>  Thanks

> * IBM Adstar Distributed Storage Manager *
> *NodeName  ********
>
> * Windows NT clients:  Remove the asterisk from column one of the
BACKUPREG