ADSM-L

Tape library configuration

2006-04-17 13:47:12
Subject: Tape library configuration
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:42:04 -0700
Hi list,

I have configured a Dell Power Vault Tape Library with two drives using the ISC
Admin GUI. The library, LB0.0.0.4, has its status shown as GOOD. Still using
the ISC Admin GUI, when clicking on the "Drives" options in the "LB0.0.0.4
Properties" window, both drives appear and its "State" are showing as UNKNOWN.

If I use TSM original Management Console and use the Device Driver wizard to
see the library, I see this:

<SERVERNAME>
lb0.0.0.4 (with a green square)
Unknown (with a gray square)
Unknown (with a gray square)
mt1.0.0.4 (with a green square)
mt2.0.0.4 (with a green square)
According to the procedure described in the manual I should drag each drive
(mt1 and mt2.0.0.4) and drop it into the lb0.0.0.4, the library, for TSM to
know that these drives belong to this library.............the problem is that I
can't manage to do that........how can I remove these "Unknown" entrances and
replace them with the real drives (mt1.0.0.4 and mt2.0.0.4) ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mario