ADSM-L

Re: register node question

2006-04-16 18:32:49
Subject: Re: register node question
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:28:11 -0700
Well it was a long night trying to get a script made up to define 250+
nodes, defining schedules and domain settings and, although I thought I was
following the sample from the help, I obviously put the password in the
wrong spot.

I'm waiting till tomorrow before I try to kick off anything that uses a tape
drive since my first attempt seemed to have problems with the tapes. At
least I hope all it was, was unlabeled tapes as most seemed to suggest. The
element numbers seem to match up with the rmt numbers so I don't think that
was the issue.

I successfully labeled all but 2 tapes so my next attempt will be a db
backup. The reason I'm waiting for tomorrow is because I want to be able to
watch the library as this kicks off to make sure if I have the mount/unmount
phenomenon I had previously I can kill it right away.

Thanks for the help all,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator