ADSM-L

Re: load/unload behavior/db backup failure

2006-04-14 15:48:26
Subject: Re: load/unload behavior/db backup failure
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:36:30 -0600
        Hmm,
        Perhaps the header on the tapes are not correct. Did you do a
checkin with the checklabel=yes option so they would be mounted and
checked? Perhaps "label libvol ... Overwrite=yes" might be necessary if
the tapes didn't come from the vendor with the right header format.

        We usually "label" new tapes when we first use them even though
they come formatted correctly. It's a good way to test for a tape
damaged in transit by writing the initial header.

Ben