ADSM-L

SV: Preventive Action : Upgradation from 5.2 --> 5.3

2006-04-11 11:41:38
Subject: SV: Preventive Action : Upgradation from 5.2 --> 5.3
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <HCR AT STERIA DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:32:46 +0200
Hi,

I just received and implemented a tip from Timothy Hughes.

Make sure you have a recent fixpack for TSM 5.2 when you are going to AIX5.3 or
else you will encounter the problem described in IC47636(TSM web interface
starts popping up new windows when it shouldn't). For me, upgrading to fixpack
7 resolved the issue. I guess staying on the latest fixpack is a good idea in
general.

Apart from that you should take the ordinary precautions when upgrading the OS,
that is make a mksysb-tape, dbbackup. Maybe copy your configuration to another
server(network, devices) in case a restore messes them up.

Best of luck.

Hans Chr. Riksheim