ADSM-L

Re: TSM and Centera

2006-04-10 15:02:09
Subject: Re: TSM and Centera
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:53:21 -0400
I think we have a misunderstanding here.

I want the Centera box to be just another client. I have assorted
medical records that are being written to the Centera box by different
systems for storage and recall as needed by the medical systems.
I would like to provide additional protection for the data by backing it
up to our TSM system. I would rather use some kind of TSM type of client
to backup the data on the Centera and put it on tape instead of buying
another Centera and put it in another location.

I don't want to use the Centera as a component of our TSM system.