ADSM-L

Acsls SNMP setup ???

2006-04-07 14:23:46
Subject: Acsls SNMP setup ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds AT HELICES DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:14:28 -0500
Storage Management Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 5, Release 3, Level 1.6
AIX v5.1

Our TSM people want to monitor Acsls.

We have found reference to using SNMP, and we have found AcslsMib.mib.

How are you monitoring Acsls?  Is SNMP the best way to achieve (near-)
asynchronous alerting?

If you are using SNMP, how have you set it up?  Is this via the SNMP
subagent withing TSM?  Or, is this MIB *only* used via OS level SNMP
Trap daemon?

I will appreciate pointers to any documentation.  If this is already
covered in the official TSM PDF's, then I have not yet found it.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds