ADSM-L

Re: Install errors

2006-04-07 13:10:06
Subject: Re: Install errors
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:02:24 -0700
>we had a similar problem after downloading code for Solaris. After ftping

>the code from Windows (where we have web-access) to Sun the install would

>fail. In Unix, EN_US is not en_US. Pardon me if our workaround looks

>somewhat primitive, but we just renamed the fileset an installation would

>work fine. Might be worth a try...

>Regards,

>Markus

Here's the lowdown on this. It seems the .Z file I got did have 2 versions,

en_US and EN_US. Extracting to a Windows box would always result in

overwriting the en_US file with the EN_US file. So I was basically renaming

the file to en_US, as Marcus says he did above, but it was failing the

install. Unfortunately I didn't look at the zip file I just extracted it on

a windows box.

To fix this I only extracted the lower case files, uninstalled the software,

then installed successfully. So in the case of AIX at least renaming EN_US

to en_US does not work.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com