ADSM-L

TSM with System Storage Archive Manager (5608-ARM)

2006-04-05 17:44:00
Subject: TSM with System Storage Archive Manager (5608-ARM)
From: "Spendlove, Ted" <Ted.Spendlove AT ATK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:41:10 -0600
We have two TSM Servers, at V5.2.4.0 level, running on a Microsoft
Windows Server 2003

One Server has Archive Manager and uses an EMC Centera for storage.  The
other server does not have Archive Manager but has 6TB of Archives from
numerous clients stored on LTO1 tape volumes.

The challenge is to migrate/move/copy/export (all disallowed under
Archive Manager) the archives from their existing location to the
Archive Manager server. The only method that I've been able to make work
to date is to have each individual client retrieve each archive on the
existing server and archive them on the new server.

Is there any other, hopefully more automated, way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Ted Spendlove
ATK Propulsion