ADSM-L

Re: Random Access Disk Pools

2006-04-04 11:58:56
Subject: Re: Random Access Disk Pools
From: "Park, Rod" <rod.park AT TYSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:38:46 -0500
Let me ask again because I didn't get much feedback. How do we find the
thread limit, and can people weigh in on whether they use big disk pools
(50TB-200TB). The advantages/disadvantages of big disk pools versus
devclass=file any gotchas either way. We are looking at buy a lot more
disk and creating big diskpools to land data on and be the primary pool
instead of tape. Thank in advance.