ADSM-L

Re: TSM server automation products

2006-03-31 14:08:12
Subject: Re: TSM server automation products
From: Bob Martoncik <BMartoncik AT CO.LUCAS.OH DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:58:20 -0500
We run the DRM product for TSM.  That controls the offsite tape rotation
and generates daily DR plans. With the Operational reporting that comes
with TSM 5.2, it is a start.  The overall reporting structure within TSM
is bad to say the least.  The operational reporting tool will email you
various different reports based on node activity, session details,
missed and open files, schedules etc.  If you want some samples, will
email them to you. .  Servergraph does do a lot in the TSM environment.
We had them recently at our TSM user's group meeting.

Bob Martoncik
Lucas County Information Services
419-213-4633

>>> Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG 3/31/2006 1:23:11 PM >>>
My site has a rather large Perl script that controls the daily
housekeeping cycle (storage pool backups, database backups, tape
movement, and so on). The script also detects a variety of
error conditions and reports them to our operations staff. My
management is convinced that we can buy an off the shelf product
that will replace 80 percent of the Perl code. Does such a
product exist?

In particular, does ServerGraph provide this kind of functionality?
Their Web site mentions automation, but does not seem to have any
information on the automation features beyond the assertion that
they exist.