ADSM-L

TSM server automation products

2006-03-31 13:28:02
Subject: TSM server automation products
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:23:11 -0500
My site has a rather large Perl script that controls the daily
housekeeping cycle (storage pool backups, database backups, tape
movement, and so on). The script also detects a variety of
error conditions and reports them to our operations staff. My
management is convinced that we can buy an off the shelf product
that will replace 80 percent of the Perl code. Does such a
product exist?

In particular, does ServerGraph provide this kind of functionality?
Their Web site mentions automation, but does not seem to have any
information on the automation features beyond the assertion that
they exist.