ADSM-L

Re: copy stg pool volume

2006-03-30 13:51:08
Subject: Re: copy stg pool volume
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:45:47 -0700
        You shouldn't need to retrieve the tape. On our copypool tapes
with this issue, we made them readw, made the fix and changed it back to
offsite without ever bringing the tape back onsite. The tape then shows
up as "EMPTY" and should be automatically requested back onsite when the
reuse delay is reached.

        Then again, the tape is actually empty at this point, so
requesting it back now should be no issue.

Ben