ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad stops on linux servers

2006-03-30 01:44:02
Subject: Re: dsmcad stops on linux servers
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:33:07 +0200
Paul Dudley wrote:
> We have TSM Server and clients 5.2
>
> On our Red Hat linux AS 3.0 clients I find that after I use the
> Backup-Archive GUI via Internet Explorer to perform backups or restores,
> the dsmcad process on that linux server dies within an hour or so.
>
> Is there any way to stop this from happening?

I've never seen this happening. So I guess your plan is:

1- upgrade to the latest greatest client level
2- reproduce the problem (might be fixed?)
3- if it isn't fixed, call IBM

(or, of course just use the cli, but then again, that's only a
work-around, and you might not want to)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP Key fingerprint = 6367 DFE9 5CBC 0737 7D16  B3F6 048A 02BF DC93 94EC

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams