ADSM-L

Antwort: [ADSM-L] dsmcad stops on linux servers

2006-03-29 06:35:22
Subject: Antwort: [ADSM-L] dsmcad stops on linux servers
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:30:26 +0200
Hi,

we have had the same problem on SUSE Linux; reason why is still unknown; so
my systemadmin restarted the dsmcad 10 minutes before the backups would
start.
He has done it with a linux script, automatically by cron.

If you have an other scheduler, you shouldn`t use the tsmsched:
We use UC4, and we have less problems than before, dsmcad is not needed for
this way of communication.

TSM on other ux than aix is a problem! Take care about your backups, they
might be incomplete without telling you!!

Regards, Dierk

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Paul Dudley     |
|         |           <pdudley AT ANL DOT COM|
|         |           .AU>            |
|         |           Gesendet von:   |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor|
|         |           Manager"        |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           T.EDU>          |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           29.03.2006 01:41|
|         |           Bitte antworten |
|         |           an "ADSM: Dist  |
|         |           Stor Manager"   |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        An:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                            |
  |        Kopie:
                                                                     |
  |        Thema:   [ADSM-L] dsmcad stops on linux servers

We have TSM Server and clients 5.2

On our Red Hat linux AS 3.0 clients I find that after I use the
Backup-Archive GUI via Internet Explorer to perform backups or restores,
the dsmcad process on that linux server dies within an hour or so.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks
Paul Dudley
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to
the named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly
prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or
make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any
person.