ADSM-L

Prognosis for APAR IC45931

2006-03-27 15:23:55
Subject: Prognosis for APAR IC45931
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:20:07 -0500
We are running a mainframe Linux TSM server that is nearly out of
CPU capacity. We would very much like to move to a code level with
the fix for APAR IC47731, which causes a major waste of CPU capacity
in mainframe Linux environments. At the moment, all levels with that
fix suffer from the open APAR IC45931, which causes performance
degradation for 'backup stgpool' processes reading from sequential
storage pools. Since we already spend several hours per day running
this type of process, this APAR would be a major problem for us.

Does anyone know when there is likely to be a maintenace level that
fixes both APAR's?