ADSM-L

Re: How to backup only one or directories on a filespace.

2006-03-22 15:19:32
Subject: Re: How to backup only one or directories on a filespace.
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:22:00 -0700
What you need to do is specify the desired directory in the command line
specification, not through DOMAIN (which are, generally speaking, file
system-oriented) or INCLUDE/EXCLUDE:

   dsmc i c:\mydir\ -subdir=yes

or when defining a schedule on the server, specfiy:

   objects="c:\mydir\*" options="-subdir=yes"

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-03-22
13:14:32:

> I have tried:
> DOMAIN "c:\mydir"
> DOMAIN "\\mynode\c$\mydir"
> DOMAIN "\\mynode\mydir" (after sharing out mydir)
>
> None of these statements work. And when I run the preview utility I
receive
> the comment that no domain statement exists, so I believe it reverts the

> default of "ALL-LOCAL"
>
> Bruce E. Lowrie
> Sr. Infrastructure Analyst
> Information Technology Services
> Storage & Output
> SE-Mail: b.e.lowrie AT dowcorning DOT com
> bVoice: (989) 496-6404
> ?? Fax: (989) 496-6437
> (Post: 2200 W. Salzburg Rd.
> 2Post: Mail: CO2111