ADSM-L

Re: 3584 library: problems with some trays

2006-03-20 14:25:33
Subject: Re: 3584 library: problems with some trays
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:25:07 -0700
        I have a guess. I have a 3494, so I might be wrong, but I will
take a shot.

        When you configure the tape library to have 2 tape grippers, you
lose access to the top 2 and bottom 2 tape slots in every column. This
is done so that if one of the grippers fails, the accessor can still get
to every tape.

        My guess is that when the library was rebooted, it came up
thinking that it had dual gippers and removed access to those slots. Do
you have dual grippers?

        Check the configuration of the library to see if it changed.

My guess,
Ben