ADSM-L

Re: tsm restore to different node using TSM GUI

2006-03-16 12:31:28
Subject: Re: tsm restore to different node using TSM GUI
From: David W Litten <dlitten AT DUKE-ENERGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:30:35 -0500
Gary,

You might try mapping a drive to where you would like to restore the data:

net use m: \\servername\e$

Then restore to the M: drive.

david

             Gary Osullivan
             <gary.osullivan@S
             TANDARDLIFE.CA>                                            To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .edu>                     [ADSM-L] tsm restore to different
                                       node using TSM GUI

             03/15/2006 03:51
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .edu>

Hi Everybody,

I am running an old client level of tsm (5.1.6) for netware 6 sp5

TSM server aix 5.2.0

tivoli storage manger 5.3.0

When using the TSM gui I  direct my restore destination to local attached
volumes.(basically I am restoring back to the original location).

Question: How can I take advantage of the option to restore to....
"network"  (restoring to a different node using the TSM GUI).

Presently this option is greyed out in the TSM gui

thanks, Gary