ADSM-L

Need help with out-of-control Win 2003 client

2006-03-15 11:23:52
Subject: Need help with out-of-control Win 2003 client
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:22:59 -0600
Client now running v5.3.2.2, recently upgraded from v5.3.0.0.

Server running v5.3.1.2.

Client machine is actually a document imaging archive server. It
contains 3 local drives (C,D,E) and of course the system state/services.
On D, there are 39 NTFS mount points (36 archive, 2 journal, 1
database). A majority of the mount points house millions of small files.
An incremental is now having to inspect 80 million+ files, and is
rapidly growing, now taking 50+ hours. It is out of hand and getting
quite ridiculous. The company that designed the horrible setup (talking
about the client machine) is not offering help to its customers (others
are sharing in my misery in other words), and I have an open ticket with
IBM. I am coming here because I know that there are many, many bright
folks that patrol the ADSM list. BTW, the ticket open with Tivoli
Support is from when I instituted the journaling service on the client,
and it would not start. Please help, as this is becoming a major issue.
Suggestions, hints, criticism eventually, all is welcome at this point.
:-)

God bless you!!!

Chip Bell
Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional (ITSM 5.2)
Baptist Health System
Birmingham, AL

Confidentiality Notice:
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in the address. If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender and delete this information from your computer
and retain no copies of any of this information.