ADSM-L

Re: Linux GUI and client user id

2006-03-15 11:09:07
Subject: Re: Linux GUI and client user id
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:08:47 +0100
Richard van Denzel schrieb:
To my knowledge the Webclient (java) and the Windowsclient first use the
admin account to establish a session. Then when executing a command the
node account is used. When you use the command-line then always the
node-account is used.

I had no problems with the Windows clients. But I just found out that
the linux java client works, when I set "passwordaccess generate".
Without this option or with "passwordaccess prompt" the connection
always fails if there isn't an administrator id.

--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470