ADSM-L

Re: Weekly/Monthly -Backupsets running long

2006-03-10 10:12:45
Subject: Re: Weekly/Monthly -Backupsets running long
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:10:29 -0600
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/10/2006
09:05:13 AM:
> I have Backup Sets that run extremely long these Backup Sets
> backup only 1 file space. It seems the Backup Sets are backing
> up the same Data plus the new Data it's like doing a Full backup
> every week. Is there a command or setting that I can implement
> to ensure that the Backup Set only backs up ONLY the NEW
> Data? Or is there another way lessen the time on these
> Backup Sets.

By definition, a backupset creates a copy of the most recent version of
*every* active file in a given server (or a filespace within that server).

Sorry.

As a matter of curiosity, why do you create regular backupsets? Do you
ever use them?

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
MR Backup and Recovery Management

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.