ADSM-L

Re: TsmManager hardware requirements

2006-03-09 16:23:02
Subject: Re: TsmManager hardware requirements
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:20:32 -0500
Doesn't take much.

I originally ran it on a 1.4Ghz desktop Dell with 512MB on W2K.  But, when
I saw the requirements for the ISC, I asked tor a rack-mounted server with
2GB of RAM and 2.8Ghz processors. Should have been more than enough to
handle both at the same time.

I just checked and my TSMManager collector is using roughly 70MB of memory
while the java piece of ISC is using > 300MB !

Some of it depends on how many TSM servers it will monitor, since it
spawns off an admin sub-task for each one (eventhough they use only 5MB
each).

Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
03/09/2006 03:56 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] TsmManager hardware requirements

We are planning for an upgrade to TSM 5.3, and currently have $5,400.00
budgeted for a server with enough memory and throughput to support the
Administration Center. We are looking into TsmManager as an alternative to
the Administration Center. The vendor's Web site lists the supported
operating systems, but I have so far not found any information on
requirements for memory and processor speed. Is this information available
somewhere?