ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 web gui

2006-03-07 04:35:06
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 web gui
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:34:31 +0100
Hi!
I totally agree with Richard. I myself was participating in the TSM 5.3
beta program. During this beta a lot (and I really mean a lot) of the
people in the beta forum where complaining about ISC and the ISC
concept. It wasn't even working in the beginning, it required a powerful
server with at least 2 Gb. of memory and those who managed to make it
work, complained about the interface and the very slow response.
One would think if that if an interface design project team sees the end
result of their work, they would take a few steps back, think and say to
each other: "Hey, we should drop the idea and not release this to the
public". But they didn't. They even ignored all the bad feedback they
received from the beta community!
I see similar interface design for other IBM products (like the SAN
Volume Controller) which is far from intuitive. I wonder if IBM even
asks customers to evaluate new interfaces. I doubt it...
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon

> Straying from such basic objectives, and becoming distracted by
"architecture", results in designs which satisfy only designers...who
must think that there's something wrong with the end users if they don't
appreciate how wonderful the design is.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.