ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 web gui

2006-03-05 23:35:29
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 web gui
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 04:34:11 +0000
Hey Allen,

I have your phone (from Oxford);  still OWE you , big time;  let me know where
to send you (at least) the donera that was on it, and if you want the phone
back!  Contact me off the list (please), with your addr, eh!?!

The ISC-AC still sucks (at its latest 5.3.2.0 release, I had some difficulty
with health-monitor, but fixed it -- the part that sets me "off" now is the
maint. plan;  it forced and re-forced the "parallel" copy-pools when what I
wanted was to merge two primaries into a single, offsite copy-pool --  sigh:).

Maybe you're right;  TSM is too diverse in its installed environments and the
admins that support it.  But, I gotta say, the old GUI was fine (for some
tasks), just needed some minor improvements --- like quit collapsing the whole
tree of policy constructs, so I can change more than one MC without 7
mouse-clicks.  The IDEA is good, to get a single interface to multiple TSM
servers, but it sure loses something in the translation to implementation...
not to mention the Websphere issues you mention!

Best regards,
Don

Don France
email:  don_france at att_dot_net