ADSM-L

Re: move nodedata

2006-03-04 03:27:40
Subject: Re: move nodedata
From: Josh-Daniel Davis <xaminmo AT OMNITECH DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:18:21 -0600
I apologize.

You'd think I'd read the whole thread before replying.

One option would be:
Create a file class (for speed.  Tape would work)
GENERATE BACKUPSET to this fileclass
This would pull only the active files for that node,
and you could specify to restore from that backupset.

Another would be to find the specific tapes used by this node, then find
the last access times of those volumes, and move those specific volumes.

Script found online to show volumes used for a node:
/*  -------------------------------------------*/
/*  Example:  run vols-node myUnixBox          */
/*  !!! WARNING !!! RESOURCE INTENSIVE !!!     */
/*  -------------------------------------------*/
select volumes.volume_name as "Volume",-
volumes.stgpool_name as "StgPool",-
volumes.est_capacity_mb as "Cap.(MB)",-
volumes.pct_utilized as "Utlzd(%)",-
volumes.status as "Status",-
volumeusage.filespace_name as "Filespace" -
from volumes,volumeusage -
where volumes.volume_name=volumeusage.volume_name and -
volumeusage.node_name=upper('$1')

From there, you could Q VOL for last access time to narrow things down.

Another, option would be to use EXPORT NODE to get just active
versions of only certain filespaces, then import it again, making sure
that the copygroup destinations pointed to a disk pool.

-Josh